The Iowa House Hotel will remain open in order to serve the university campus and surrounding community.
Front Desk Check-In Procedures
- Guests will check in via a contactless procedures. Guests will receive a link in their confirmation e-mail which will allow them to agree to all policies and make payment from their phone or computer on arrival. Keys will be picked up from the front desk in order to limit in-person contact.
- Guests will navigate to their room with assistance from the front desk. The front desk will be supervised 24/7 and front desk staff will be able to assist you. The front desk has plexiglass to add additional safety. Signage will be placed throughout the hotel in order to assist guests in navigating to their room.
- The policy on masks will follow University policy. As a result, masks will be required to be worn in all public spaces within the hotel and the IMU. Masks will be available at the front desk in the event this poses a problem or a guest does not have one.
Cleaning Protocols for Guest Rooms
- All additional linen items (e.g. extra towels, pillows, bedding) will be removed from rooms prior to check-in and will be brought to individual rooms on request. Guests will place soiled items and garbage in the hallway outside of their room and will receive clean items in replacement. Stayover service will not be offered at this time, and rooms will not be re-sold or cleaned until 48 hours after the previous guest has checked out.
- Hand sanitization sites will be placed throughout the hotel. A bottle of hand sanitizer will be placed in each guest room.
- All high touch point surfaces (e.g. door handles, door knobs, table top surfaces, etc.) will be sanitized on a regular basis using a COVID-19 approved disinfectant in guest rooms.
- Elevators will be limited to individuals who are either: a.) are within the same family/household or b.) are no more than two individuals in a single elevator car.
- Single use sanitation wipes will be provided outside of the elevators on each floor to be used prior to touching surfaces. Stairs will also be available for use in the event guests do not wish to use elevators.
Breakfast Service for Guests
- Continental breakfast will not be provided in the traditional breakfast room due to social distancing guidelines. Coffee will be available in guest rooms, and grab and go items will be available in the lobby to be taken back to individual rooms. Omelets or breakfast burritos will be available for purchase in the River Room for Iowa House Guests.
Special Rates for 2020
- The Iowa Hotel House Hotel will be opening prior to student move-in for students living in the residence halls. The hotel will be offering a rate of $90.00 for families moving their student into a hall on campus.